Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Language

I'm almost through with my days at Gagosian Gallery and I will return to blogging regularly once the Gagosian experience ends, but in the meantime here's a short post to tide you all over...

My best friend Yael, who happens to be an English major and is thus invested in this sort of thing, just showed me a super cute website, www.savethewords.com , which you should all check out.

In addition to it's aesthetic appeal, the concept is "super cute," to use Yael's words. I think it's like a combination of adopt-a-high-way and dictionary.com's word of the day... Perhaps it doesn't quite relate to making art accessible, (or maybe it does by virtue of the fact that it enables people to better express themselves by bringing overlooked / esoteric words to our awareness,) but either way, I'll consider it "preservation of the arts," which is an important cause too.

No comments:

Post a Comment